Daily Calcium Requirement:
- 1000mg generally – 1500mg Top End. Actually contrary to popular misconception.. the harder you train with Weights, lesser calcium you will need in comparison to the person who doesn’t do much resistance training (Resistance training contributes to significant Osteoblasts, and is a proven bone regenerator).
- Calcium is also the most abundant mineral in the human body.
DAIRY Calcium Myth:
- Once again, the biggest Calcium/Dairy Myth of all time perhaps. Contrary to the biggest misconception, Milk actually leaches calcium from your bones contrary to the belief that it actually provides calcium for bone regeneration and contributes to Fractures (Case-Control Study of Risk Factors for Hip Fractures in the Elderly”.
- American Journal of Epidemiology. Vol. 139, No. 5, 1994).
- Further research has shown, that the countries with the highest milk consumption also have the highest rates of Osteoporosis.
How To Get Your Daily Calcium?
- Veges like Kale, Broccoli, Bok Choy, Oranges, White beans, Okra, and almonds are just some of the few very good non dairy sources of calcium.
- Ps. And if you want your calcium absorption to be optimal, make sure you supplement with Vitamin D.