Should We Do Cardio Or Weights First??
- The ideal would be to keep your weight training completely separate from your cardio workouts.
- Assign 3 days for weights and 3 days for cardio..This allows you to concentrate your faculties and energies on both kinds of workouts equally without making one suffer at the expense of the other.
- But if committing 6 days to the gym is a problem then you might have to squeeze in both on the same day, again doing 1 session in the morning and 1 in the evening would be the ideal.
- But even if that is not possible then it is better to do the weight training workout first then followed by cardio.The reasoning for this is that weight training requires a lot more focus on form and technique than cardio and thus should be done while faculties are fresh.
- Also walking on treadmill for 10-15 min as warm up not required instead of this whole body mobility drills can be done and are more effective.
- Also doing weight-training first, you can burn the majority of your glycogen stores.
- Knocking out your cardio after you crush the weights will burn more fat! After a workout, your body continues to burn additional calories up to 48 hours.
- This is known as excess post-exercise oxygen consumption.